Molveno Holiday (www.molveno.it) organizes for Saturday 11 September 2021
a trail running competition with two races of different distances:
- XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 64K (64 km and 4200 m. Of difference in altitude +/-)
- XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 45K (45 km and 2850 m. Of difference in altitude +/-)
The tests consist of two races by foot in a natural environment in a single stage with start and finish in Molveno (Tn) mainly on paths that cross the Brenta Dolomites group – a natural heritage protected by UNESCO.
The “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 45K” race is part of the XTERRA Trail Marathon circuit (www.xterraplanet.com).
The routes of the two races (map, description and GPS tracks) are documented and described on the website www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it. The organization reserves the right to make changes until the 31st of July 2021 when the final and official route will be published.
The detailed program of the tests will be available on the website www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it from the 31st of July 2021 and updated until the day before the event.
This race is open to all people, men and women, who are 18 years old at the time of the registration. Participation in the “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail” leads to the unreserved acceptance of these regulations.
No registrations will be accepted from athletes who are serving suspensions for doping in any discipline.
The limit of subscribers is set at:
- 300 athletes for “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 64K”
- 400 athletes for “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 45K”
All members must always have an adequate supply of food and a water reserve of at least 1 litre with them for the duration of the competitions. Along the routes there will be refreshment and water supply points indicated on the maps published on the website www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it. Any form of personal assistance outside the refreshment points is prohibited. It is forbidden to be accompanied along the route by people who are not regularly registered in the races.
The race takes place in fully protected ecosystems. The athletes, under penalty of disqualification, must behave respectfully to the natural environment, in particular avoiding littering, collecting flowers or harassing the fauna. The event adheres to the campaign launched by Spiritotrail (www.spiritotrail.it) “I don’t throw my waste” aimed at protecting the environment and nature.
Each participant is required to have a personal glass with them. There will be no plastic cups at the refreshment points.
The race takes place in a predominantly mountainous environment with passages at 2500m altitude with some stretches catalogued “EE” (Expert Hikers) and with the possibility of difficult weather conditions (wind, cold, rain or snow). Good physical preparation, adequate equipment, experience of mountain excursions is required, and it is recommended to have participated in other competitions of similar difficulty / distance. All participants are required to present a valid medical certificate for competitive activity (athletics) recognized by their country of residence and valid at the time of the event. In case of non-delivery of the medical certificate or in case of presentation of an invalid certificate at the time of the race, the bib will not be delivered.
The medical certificate for foreign athletes must be provided using the specific form provided by the organization. No other medical certificates or certificates on forms of other events will be accepted.
The organization reserves the right to request any type of certificate (eg certificate certifying vaccination for COVID-19) and / or other certification required by the regulations in force at the time of the event. The organization also reserves the right to exclude from the event all athletes who have not produced all the required documentation or who do not comply with the rules established by current legislation and the indications given in order to protect and guarantee the health of all athletes. , both during the race and in the moments before and after its execution.
It is possible to register for the event starting from February 6, 2021 by following the links at www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it with payment by credit card or bank transfer. Payments by credit card may require fees to be charged in addition to the cost of registration
Registration costs are fixed as follows:
- from 6 February 2021 until 30 June 2021
✓ XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 64K euro 55
✓ XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 45K euro 45
- from 1 July 2021 until 28 August 2021 (or run out of bibs)
✓ XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 64K euro 60
✓ XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail 45K euro 50
In case of cancellation of the race due to force majeure or the impossibility of starting the event, no refund of the registration fee will be provided. There is no refund of the registration fee even in the event of an athlete unable to participate in the race.
The registration fee includes:
- gps tracker for athletes registered in the 64K
- race pack
- refreshments along the race course
- final pasta party (only if the health situation allows it)
- showers (only if the health situation allows it)
- parking lots
- gadget finisher (only for classified competitors)
- return to Molveno in case of early abandonment of the race, according to the procedures that will be indicated by the organization based on the point at which the abandonment of the competition will take place
All athletes, under penalty of disqualification or penalty, undertake to bring with them the following compulsory material during the entire duration of the competitions:
- backpack or pouch that can contain the material listed below (disqualification);
- waterproof jacket suitable for withstanding bad weather conditions in the mountains (disqualification);
- long-sleeved shirt, 3/4 pants, gloves and hat (the organization reserves the right to integrate this equipment due to weather conditions by notifying it on the website www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it in the days before the race; it also reserves the right, always according to under the weather conditions, to wear the 3/4 pants already at the start) (disqualification) (*)
- survival blanket (disqualification)
- whistle (30 minutes penalty)
- lamp working with spare batteries for the 64K (disqualification); 45K participants will necessarily have to have a frontal torch if they find themselves passing through the Pedrotti refuge after 5.00 pm (after this time anyone found without will be disqualified and stopped waiting to go down accompanied by the organization – we therefore recommend all participants in the 45K to have the front battery with you to avoid taking risks!)
- adhesive elastic band suitable for bandaging or strapping (minimum 80cm X 5cm) (disqualification)
- charged mobile phone, without a masked number and with the organization number memorized (disqualification)
- personal glass
- minimum 1 liter water reserve (30 minutes penalty)
- food reserve (30 minutes penalty)
The use of poles to carry with you is allowed for the entire duration of the race.
In the equipped section located near the Bocca di Brenta the sticks must necessarily be stored in the backpack or fixed to the pouch in such a way as to have both hands free for greater safety; the violation of the indications that will be given by the personnel of the organization or of the mountain rescue present on the spot could result in disqualification.
The change of material is allowed only at the refreshment points. Any athlete who is caught being assisted along the route (material changes, companions, refreshments, …) will be disqualified.
The organization reserves the right to carry out random checks before departure, during races and upon arrival.
The bibs will be delivered on the days and during the times published in the program of the event (see ARTICLE 4) personally to each competitor upon presentation of an identity document with photo. The bib, under penalty of disqualification, must always be worn in a clearly visible way throughout the duration of the event. The CHIP is integrated in the bib and allows automatic registration (in marked points on the route) or by manual check (in surprise points) of the athletes’ passages on the route and the formulation of the final rankings. At the start, finish and at the intermediate checkpoints each competitor must ensure that he has been registered.
Athletes enrolled in the 64K will be provided with a GPS tracker (included in the registration fee) which must be used throughout the race under penalty of disqualification.
For 45K athletes, the use of the tracker is not mandatory, although recommended, and can be booked at the time of registration (the rental fee is borne by the athlete).
To collect the tracker, all athletes must hand over their identification document valid as a deposit to the staff in charge. The document will be returned when the device is returned. In case of loss and / or failure to return the athlete will be charged a compensation of 150 € corresponding
to the value of the tracker.
The methods of distribution of the devices will be communicated in the weeks preceding the competition together with the detailed program of the event.
The organization will draw up a health / safety plan that will be available in the days before the event by following the links from the website www.dolomitidibrentatrail.it. Each athlete, by participating in the competitions, undertakes to respect the decisions taken by the rescuers during the management of any form of emergency that may arise during the event.
The “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail – 64K” race will start at 6.00 and the maximum time to complete the route will be 16 hours.
There are also the following gates:
- Andalo (beginning of the climb): 1h 10 ‘/ 07.10h
- 64k / 45K crossroads at the beginning of Val dei Cavai: 2h40 ‘/ 08.40h
- crossing paths 370/301 near Passo Gaiarda (rejoining two paths): 6h45 ‘/ 12.45h
- Graffer refuge: 7h45 ‘/ 13.45
- Tuckett refuge: 9h45 ‘/ 15.45
- Pedrotti refuge 12h30 ‘/ 18.30
- Croz dell’Altissimo refuge 14h15 ‘/ 8.15pm
The “XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail – 45K” race will start at 7.30 and the maximum time of the race is set at 14.30 hours.
There are the following time gates:
- Andalo (beginning of the climb): 1h 20 ‘/ 8.50h
- 64k / 45K crossroads at the beginning of Val dei Cavai: 3h30 ‘/ 11.00
- crossing paths 370/301 near Passo Gaiarda (rejoining two paths): 5h15 ‘/ 12.45h
- Graffer refuge: 6h15 ‘/ 13.45
- Tuckett refuge: 8h15 ‘/ 15.45
- Pedrotti refuge 11h00 ‘/ 18.30
- Croz dell’Altissimo refuge 12h45 ‘/ 8.15pm
Athletes who do not start from the control points within the limits established by the time gates will be considered withdrawn and will have to deliver the bib to the organization staff. The competitor who wishes to continue without a bib out of the race will do so by assuming all responsibility for the consequences that may arise.
The last competitor of each test will be followed by the staff of the organization assigned to “broom service”. This staff has the full right to stop an athlete even if not at a time gate by arranging for his return to the finish area.
In case of withdrawal of an athlete along the route, the competitor is obliged, as soon as he has the possibility, to go to the nearest checkpoint, communicate his abandonment to the organization that will take care of his return to the finish area. In case of failure to communicate a withdrawal and the consequent start of the runner’s searches, any resulting expenses will be charged to the runner himself.
The jury of the competition can provide for the disqualification of a competitor as well as in the cases provided for in art. 13 also in the following cases:
- bib worn incorrectly
- bib exchange
- failure to use the gps tracker (for 64K athletes)
- failure to pass through a checkpoint
- use of a means of transport
- departure from a checkpoint after the time barrier
- doping or refusal to submit to a doping control
- failure to assist another competitor in case of difficulty
- use of personal assistance outside the permitted points
- abandonment of their own material or waste along the way
- failure to comply with the prohibition to be accompanied on the route
- insults, rudeness or threats against members of the organization or volunteers
- refusal to be examined by a doctor of the organization at any time during the race.
- failure to comply with the instructions of the organization and / or mountain rescue personnel
- path cuts
The jury of the competition provides for the penalty of an athlete (adding minutes to the final time) in the cases provided for in art. 13.
Only written complaints sent to the Race Director within 30 minutes following the posting of provisional results are accepted, with delivery of a deposit of € 300.00.
The jury is made up of:
- by the race director
- by the coordinator responsible for safety
- by the head of the medical team
- by the heads of the checkpoints
- by members of the race technical staff
The decisions made by the jury are without appeal.
The organization reserves the right to change the route at any time without notice. In case of unfavorable weather conditions the start can be anticipated or postponed, and the race can be canceled or suspended during the course. In the event of changes in the route or departure time, the time gates and the maximum time of the races may also be subject to change.
The organization subscribes to civil liability insurance for the entire period of the test. Participation takes place under the full responsibility of the competitors, who renounce any recourse against the organizers in the event of damage and further consequences that arise or are in any case connected with participation in the races. To receive the bib, each athlete is required to sign a declaration of assumption of their own responsibility.
All athletes who reach the finish line within the maximum time will be classified. There are no cash prizes.
The following will be awarded for each race:
- the first 10 men
- the first 10 women
According to the current legislation, the awards can take place in public with all the athletes, or individually in order to avoid gatherings.
Each competitor expressly renounces to make use of the image rights during the test as well as renounces any recourse against the organization and its authorized partners, for the use made of its image.
L’uso dei bastoncini è consentito, ma devono essere trasportati per l’intera durata della gara.
Il cambio di materiale è consentito solo nei punti di ristoro. Gli atleti che si scoprono essere assistiti lungo il percorso (cambi di materiale, accompagnatori, rinfreschi, etc.) saranno squalificati.
L’organizzazione si riserva il diritto di effettuare controlli casuali prima della partenza, durante le gare e all’arrivo.
Non sono ammesse varianti fantasiose rispetto a quanto indicato (es. una maglietta a maniche corte e manicotti al posto della maglia a maniche lunghe non può essere accettata).
Il materiale richiesto potrebbe subire variazioni in base alle condizioni meteo previste per il giorno della gara. In questo caso l’organizzazione ne darà tempestiva comunicazione attraverso i canali a disposizione (mail, sito, Facebook).
Il materiale obbligatorio verrà controllato prima della partenza, al momento della punzonatura. Gli atleti sprovvisti del materiale previsto non potranno partire per la gara.
La gara si corre interamente su sentieri “escursionistici” (classificazione CAI-SAT). I sentieri sono gli stessi che gli escursionisti percorrono a piedi per raggiungere rifugi e cime.
Naturalmente esistono alcuni tratti più esposti di altri, in particolare ci sono due punti nei quali va prestata particolare attenzione. Il primo punto è situato subito dopo il primo ristoro: in questo tratto il sentiero è comodo, ma presenta una forte esposizione sulla destra. Per agevolare gli escursionisti è presente un cordino metallico fissato alla roccia. Il secondo punto si trova lungo il sentiero Bogani, poco prima del rifugio Brentei. Anche in questo caso il sentiero è largo e presenta un cordino metallico di sicurezza.
Si segnala poi che durante la salita alla Bocca di Brenta (per raggiungere il rifugio Pedrotti) verrà fatta una variante per evitare un tratto attrezzato di qualche centinaio di metri che consente di risalire uno sperone roccioso. Noi aggireremo lo sperone da sinistra risalendo un ripido ghiaione. A parte la pendenza elevata non ci saranno particolari problemi.
Bisognerà poi prestare un po’ di attenzione nel primissimo tratto di discesa dal rifugio Pedrotti verso Molveno.
Regole del parco
La gara si svolge nel “Parco Adamello Brenta”. Qui troverai le 10 regole più importanti per rispettare il Parco
Le nostre gare aderiscono alla campagna “IO NON GETTO I MIEI RIFIUTI” promossa da Spirito Trail (www.spiritotrail.it) e rivolta a tutti i veri trailer, atleti e organizzatori, per proteggere l’ambiente e la natura. Una maggiore consapevolezza aiuterà a far rispettare questa semplice regola: non gettare la spazzatura per terra!